Friday, September 02, 2005

What's that horrible smell???

So here I sit on the other side of the "unpleasantness"...at the "wellness center" and not shockingly, I lasted less than 12hours at home before finding the need to post a blog.
Those of you who know and Sam & I (and perhaps a few of you who do not), will appreciate this story...
I came home after a 6 day vaca from the kids and secondary to a bit of sleep deprivation and 2 many other factors to mention, my concentration skills have hit an all time low.
So I went upstairs and noted that I had a coffee stain on our Pink (yes pink...pepto-bismol pink) bedroom carpet...in that moment, I remembered that I bought the new super-powered, twin-turbine-engine-carpet-cleaner...so naturally down to the basement I went to retrieve my newest wonder and then...bk up 2 flights of stairs to apply said product to said stain.
Of course, I could just wait the recommended 4-6 minutes rinse and be done...not me...not presently....so down the stairs (only one flight this time) to get a washcloth to relieve my carpet of its first soap assault in easily a decade...so I'm scrubbin...and scrubbin...and scrubbin, and it's foamin higher and higher. So I think to my self (self?...LOL)...just "leave it alone"....but nope...can't do it....I walk back upstairs maybe 3.5 minutes later and all I can smell now is said product...
*sigh*...out comes the handy dandy steamer-cleaner...by now 2 of 3 of the munchkins are in jumping on and off the bed and Sam is watchin...thinkin I'm just nuts...I turn on the steamer and I'm on all 4s trying to rinse this soap out of the carpet...and then... the smell, no, THE SMELL.
Sam speaks first, "Did u just fart?"

Me, "no...I mean, I hope not!"

and then...the "A-Ha!" moment...

Sam and I in unison, "THE STEAMER!!!!!!!!!!

Sam grabs the collection chamber of the steamer and in doing so douses himself, the quilt (just washed), the pepto-carpet and our fabulous mint green dustruffle in what I can only hope is simply a mixture of rotted yogurt sucked up a few days ago and spent soap. By then...E&G are crying and holding their noses...Sam and I both thinking the same word and struggling not to let it out...

once again...*sigh*

It's good to be home:D

5 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Spam anyone? LOL that was pretty funny!

4:33 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

The best!!!! Every house needs to have funky and rotten smells. Other wise it would not be home. Once when I was gone for the day, Vincent was on the home front and Kota got sick. Well all was cleaned up and taken care of. The following week when I needed to vacuum the house revealed how it was taken care of. Little did I know that dear hubby used my vac to clean up the vomit! He sucked it up with the attachmetnts and then sweeped up the rest in the vac. The smell made me puke! Had to go and get a new vac. Gotta love those moments!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I remember getting some fresh lobster in the mail. Lobster water on the carpet can.....and will smell for months. Never again will marta and I enjoy home boiled lobster.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

didn't the whole apartment complex smell of boiled lobster for a while?

1:28 PM  
Blogger loved truly said...

Great story! Gotta love these kinda of moments, they keep life interesting. :)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home