Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Pay it Forward

My original idea for a post this AM has changed for many reasons. I originally was going to post a light-hearted "Thank God it's Monday" post since my 7-day-on-stretch finished @ 8AM today. Something else is pulling on my heart. I had an impromptu conversation this with a good friend this morning that began on one subject (money--not a fun topic around here lately)and drifted into another (Blessings--my favorite topic lately). I don't know if people are becoming more kind or if God is finally opening my eyes to the blessings around me. My family is blessed by the kindness of friends and family daily. I always find myself thinking, "when I can, I'm going to do something special for her/him." This morning as I listened to my friend list some really amazing blessings, he stated that someday he wanted to repay that kindness. I heard myself tell him that perhaps it is God's plan for him not to repay but to extend that kindness to another. Whoa...who said that? This certainly is not an original idea or thought, but neverless a good one...an inherently Christian one. The movie and novel, Pay it Forward does a good job of illustrating the ripple effect of infectious kindness. I liked when I read it and now when I think of it, more and more, it makes a natural sense to me. I for one will be "paying it forward" when ever I can (and hopefully even when I think I can't).

and yes...I started this post yesterday and couldn't finish.

God Bless you all today!

6 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Great thoughts hunny

7:57 AM  
Blogger big j said...

cool idea.:->

8:21 AM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

I have not seen or read "Pay it Forward". I strive to be able to show kindness and try to bless others. God is speaking are we listening.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Excellent post and charge. I've been on the same kick myself. It really doesn't have to involve money either. Simple, random acts of kindness will go MILES!! Especially those that are in secret!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Yes, what a great thought. Kindness does go along way.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Laura, I love the thoughts you shared. One thing that I have learned is that the best time to bless someone is when you can least afford it. I am blessed beyond belief and pray every day that I can find someone to give a blessing of something to. Some day is today and as Russ said it really doesn't HAVE to involve money. BBT

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home