Thursday, July 21, 2005

A little bit of badness...

I spend some of my best moments with the Lord in the early morning hours, walking through the house with various , often scrambled chores (that never seem to get completed). This morning as I was cleaning my kitchen I was thinking, no matter how much anti-bacterial, bleachy, stop 'em dead in their tracks (and for generations after) cleaner I use...there is always some dirt, germs, bugs (choose your favorite euphemism) left. There exists a school of thought out there that theorizes that by continuously disinfecting our environment we are contributing to the veritable explosion of asthma, allergy, and antibiotic-resistant viral and bacterial strains that are plaguing us today (I know...scary stuff and I could go on). The point is that by leaving things a little dirty we actually help our bodies do what they were so exquistedly crafted to do which is to use our own immunity to strike a balance with our environment. And getting back to the thought that originally inspired me to post this AM...I think that we as christians need exposure to a bit of bad to better ourselves. Anyone who has ever said "there but for the grace of God go I..." knows what I'm talking about. It humbles us, keeps in touch with the un-churched and reminds where we've been and , by contrast, where we want to go. Bless you all today!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kodiak said...

It's true, think about it for a moment. The anti-bacterial solutions state they kill 99+%. What about the residual bacteria left behind, they multiply and become a superstrain. My neighbor is constantly disinfecting their house. They are sick all the time. I got yelled at because I walked through the house with my boots on. How much bacteria is on our feet? I know I was treding dirt through the house. I appologised. Personnaly I don't like going to hospitals for this very reason. They are to sterile and have the potential of growing superstrain viruses.

10:17 AM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

very very true...they already are

11:50 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

I left a comment on this earlier, but I don't know where it went...anyway, R Diddy! NICE!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Very scary thought when you actually think about it.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I have to ask doesnt God create the life here ?
Personally I have always thought thats the way we would get taken out, some kind of super flu or virus ala Ebola, some military experiment gone amock, over use of antibiotics creating a super virus. But now I need to throw out the big guestion.
Germs, bacteria and viruses do constitute life in the view of the scientific comunity. What do the theologians have to say about this?

11:39 PM  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

"God made dirt, dirt don't hurt!"

4:56 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

9:09 PM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Hello......you told me this am that you were writing a new blog. Where is it??? LOL

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home