Friday, July 15, 2005

"Quick!, anybody know how to get a chick out of a VCR?!" and other emergencies

Last night I had a bad Mommy night. Odd, because it was a great blog day. So striking to me, because most of my day was spent on such a high; good mtg @wk, no one bleeding when I returned, great talks with God, Coffee with my guy, funny chats with Kel, giggly pics of Manny and M&M (Mischief&Mayhem, m,y 2 and 3 year olds) to show off at work, an awesome praise by chaplain Ron @ our wk mtg ( I could go on)...I felt on top of the world! How is it that a mere two hours later the polarity of the earth shifted and landed squarely on my shoulders?? Wellllll...a combo of on call activity and what can only be described as a 2 yr old declaring war on her mother ensued. In the span of 30 minutes, G dumped 2 full aquafinas on the livingroom floor and one cup of cookie -dunking milk on the table, ran out side without a pullup & plopped her naked tookus in the dirt and smiled the broadest grin you've ever seen at every turn ,correction and admonishment from me. Meanwhile, E lost the ability to walk subsequent to a bandaid being placed on his ankle and then once the paralytic bandage was removed followed Grace around through all of her activities with a combination of giggles and a scary look of reverance that seemed to say loud and clear, "Damn. Wish I'd thought of that." In the midst of all of this craziness, I was fielding multiple calls from work.

As I sit here recounting my stressful tale, it becomes clear to me that one of a couple of things might be happening here:

1. God decided to use me to entertain you guys this AM

or the most likely scenario...

2. God is reminding me that the mountain top can become a slippery slope and to stay humble in my work and parenting.

Man...I gotta stop praying for patience:) God Bless you all today!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

wow--your day topped mine, however I can so relate to the activities. Sometimes when I'm stressed out, I truly believe that God is saying---Whoa..stop and count your blessing, because when I do, a smile magically appears=)))

7:54 AM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Laura, Reality stinks but God is always good even through the tough times. BBT

8:07 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

I'm leaning towards #1 cause man am I grinning pretty early in the morning!! LOL! Great post!

Who-Ah! Mud Puppy-OUT!

8:07 AM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

thanks guys , youre all making me smile!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Tortikat said...

Wow..you ought to keep a journal of your adventures with E, G and M..could end up a best seller!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Remind's me of an old Talking Head's tune. Burning Down the House. Just when we think we have it rough someone elses bad day makes ours look like a walk in the park. Take care and join me in a prayer for the people Union Street.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

So, how fast can a mother run? How many distractions can be made before our children want our attention? I am reminded when Dean was just a toddler, we went to Niagra falls, took the tour under the falls. After we came back up we ended up in the gift shop, where Dean lost track of me. I thought he was with me but about a micosecond after I met up with Jackie, she asked where's Dean? He' right hear, as I swung around to point at nobody. My heart sunk, the falls, so many people. Just as terror hit I heard an anouncement discribing Dean's shirt. After he lost track of me he went back down to teh level below where the tour guide was. I don't know who was more terrified Dean or the parents.
If you think there fast now, wait til they start to drive!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Im 650 miles northwest of there hon. Ring a bell ?

5:12 PM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

all right 3 fingers...thought it was only you that had senior-moments:)

7:22 AM  
Blogger Tortikat said...

Yep... for us the eight years of difference between our ages is but dust in the wind....;>)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

come on, first talking heads, now kansas! Tortikat, you're a virtual 70's/80's jukebox.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home