Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I gotta post a praise...

I just said that out loud to Sam and it sounded good. I just realize it's been a bit since last I posted. so...lemme catch you up. Thanks for all of you who said a prayer for my first on call night. To say it went well requires a bit of perceptual license, but I made it through by the grace of God and Manny slept all night (woohoo!). Last night marked a more formal return to work and I lead my first meeting followed by my first night on call ( last week was a partial shift for my co-worker who needed a break). The meeting went extremely well considering some difficult issues on the agenda. Just when things were starting to feel a little dicey, my supervisor announced that she needed to leave but needed to meet with each of us individually beforehand. As people left and returned people were returning with enormous smiles on their faces. I soon found out why. I was the last to meet with the supervisor and was granted a 9.3% raise. Join me in raising your arms heaven-ward. Praise God!!
...and Manny slept all night and is still sleeping...I'm in the bonus round Baby!!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

That's a nice surprise! GIG!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You know, it's stuff like this that we need to hear about. Thanks for blessing us today. BBT

7:59 AM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

my pleasure, D
ATT, R

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

It always amazes me when we least expect it God pulls through with a blessing, Praise God!!!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

God is sure looking out for our family-church and biological. Praise God for your news. Just when you think.....He comes through.

1:55 PM  
Blogger where's jim? said...

Amen, sister.. ATT...

4:55 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I'm a caregiver in assisted living, and we work with hospice all the time - they lighten our load! I know you are appreciated.

11:07 PM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

Thanks, Bonita & Sassy, sometimes I think of hospice work as 2nd only to parenting in terms of tough vs. rewarding...I but I truly believe this is where God wants me.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Tortikat said...

(((((Wow)))))

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home