Monday, July 04, 2005

An Auspicious Occasion

My husband has at long last hit 30!!!! I don't quite know why I find this so exciting. Maybe it's because his metabolism might slow down a bit, maybe the dreamy look in his eye when anyone speaks of fire or explosions won't last quite as long or maybe I won't hear the theme song from those Vonage commercials playing when I ask him to retreive something from the roof. It's like I told my dental hygenist the other day when she asked how long it takes to drive to the twin cities. "10 or 12 hours, depending on who you're married too", I replied. I don't know, Maybe it's because I've settled down so much. I enjoy watching my husband turning from daredevil to daddy. Those of you who know him well know what a wonderful mix he is of the two. Please join me in wishing a happy, blessed and outrageously tame 30th Birthday to Mr Swingin', Slammin' Sammy Walsh!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

So, has it been tame? Knowing Sammy, nothing is ever "TAME". Did he jump off the roof..to see if he has what it takes??? Anyway, I'm glad to see that he is in his 3rd generation of life, like most of us.

10:43 PM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

he didn't jump off the roof...but that doesnt necessarily mean he didnt want to. There was a spectacular hose/watergun fight between him and Evan, Grace and I were caught in the crossfire a few times...only Manny was spared

7:25 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

I'll have to buy my boys, little and big, water guns and come over so they can all play.

8:12 AM  
Blogger where's jim? said...

As Geraldine would say, "The Devil made him do it". There must be a reason they call it dareDEVIL. The Rev. Leroy would be proud.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

(If this is the tame Sammy I guess I'm lucky I missed the un-tame 30! :p)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY!!!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home