Thursday, October 06, 2005

DUH...pray.

Part of my recovery process involves taking "breaks". Basically, that loosely translates to:

"May I be excused??...My brain is full."

followed by anywhere from 5-20 minutes of quiet...sometimes 5-20minutes of Dr Phil...sometimes 5-20 minutes of baked potato chips...5-20 minutes of a Mai Tai the size of my head...

whatever it takes to calm the storm....but hey...you know what works the best???

prayer.

It is so amazing to me that the simple act of just speaking the words...
"Father this is too much for me in this moment, please grant me reprieve"
can refresh me. I highly recommend it:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

:)

4:59 PM  
Blogger loved truly said...

Amen Sister...the greatest pain medication of all created us all.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Great observation Wow! We can go to the Father any place and at any time. We can say a couple of words or a couple of hours of words and He hears them all. B4T

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home