Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Inertia

The Law of Inertia states that a body in motion tends to stay in motion and a body at rest tends to stay at rest. Let me tell ya...I have spent the last several months
at rest ...stopped...the exercise level equivalent of Rip VanWinkle. Well...NO MORE. I'm done.
I am declaring war on my own hinny. I need to debulk. Weight is probably both my most obvious struggle and the one I am least apt to discuss. It seems silly to me as I write this. My mission today is to out myself and my struggle so that as I go through this concerted effort to decrease my mass I am accountable not only to myself, but to many. There is such a temptation to keep a weight loss effort a secret and just accept those compliments as they roll in (as pounds come off). This time, I'll be trying the other way...with prayer....with support.

8 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I'm behind you all the way, baby!

2:11 PM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

I'm all about the support group thing...Made it through day one of my new way of living...question is...how long will it take for my body to catch up?

8:37 AM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Now Wowgirl I want to share with you what many shared with me during my weight struggle. First of all know that the what you weight and the way you look have no impact on how God or your friends view you. God's love will always abound no matter what. Now, how you feel physically and how you view yourself usually play the biggest roll in this. Take it from a guy who has allowed God to get him through many a challenge. YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS... Now if it's accountability you are looking for then get away from the computer and stop reading this and go take a nice brisk walk. More importantly B4T.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Gotcha covered with support and prayer.

1:17 PM  
Blogger loved truly said...

I'll support you through this one as I join right along. Accountablitliy is good. Back sliding is easy at night but definately not worth it for me. (as my back end has taken over...lol)

Great news about Curves Sassy.

Doug, Thanks for reminding us that God loves us as we are.

11:34 AM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

well, Hawk...I'd be happy to jin in @ the start of the year, I'll still be dwindling then...and everyone...thanks for your prayers and kind words

4:36 PM  
Blogger loved truly said...

How are things going WOW...Still praying for you...Keep up the good work!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

Keep it up and up and up, again...

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home