Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I can drive 55

Something occurred to me yesterday, as I was driving along and I realized that I was as happy and relaxed as I ever am. Rather that revel in the moment, I just had to study it. Was it the sunny (but no too sunny) day? Was this the continued good feeling I had after spending an afternoon with good friends? Was it because the pieces of onion were large and easy to remove on my quarter pounder with cheese? Not even close. Then I stumbled upon something odd...I'm almost always happy when I'm driving...and then it hit me. This is the only time it is not only legal, but recommended to strap my kids to chairs and ...I have a radio to drown out their bickering & repeated requests to go to "Old McDonald's". For twenty minutes they aren't falling down, trying to spank one another, jumping on the couch, applying my makeup to one another, dumping out folded baskets of laundry or any of a hundred other offenses...they're just sitting there through the beauty of restraint. Good stuff.

8 Comments:

Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

:))

10:15 AM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You forgot to mention how quickly a nice drive can put a child to sleep. B4T

2:12 PM  
Blogger Tortikat said...

Reminds me of why I love being the gramma so much..lol

2:48 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

Tanner calls it Old McDonalds too. So funny!

3:41 PM  
Blogger ryan said...

i have NEVER meet an onion i liked i'am again with WOW

10:46 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Allright I confess. I really was never a true onion lover until after my first baby. I would eat onions on a bun with ketchup. Must have been the hormones. Love 'em still. Watch out Amy!!!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

I love onions. I peel 'em and eat them like an apple 'cept I add salt. I could go for a bunch of onion rings right now. Going for a drive with my children when they were younger caused them to fall asleep. Wish it were still true with a 19, 14, and 11 year olds.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home