Thursday, August 24, 2006

A 2 Pronged Praise

One year ago today, I was admitted to the hospital...I had a breakdown. It's hard to believe it has been a year. I was so frightened...afraid I had lost myself...afraid that everything that I valued about myself was false...afraid that the joy in my life was going to be medicated out of me. A good part of this year has been a slow crawl back to function...back to believing in myself again. Many of you who read this were a part of that recovery and are now a part of the joy I do indeed retain in my life (despite the pharmaceutical obstacles).

I thank God for you all
I thank God for my illness...it has brought me to this place
I thank God for my recovery

I suppose that's 3 prongs...and to add another...I was asked to become a permanent staff member at my job today!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Love ya girlfriend. Want to go shopping??!! Kohls???

12:10 AM  
Blogger Tortikat said...

My cup runneth over..

7:11 AM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You know I have known several women who have had to deal with the same ailment that you do. I have never known a single one of them to go on living a normal life until I got to know you! You have allowed God to help you deal with all of this and you are doing great. Keep up the good work but more importantly keep on praising God. B4T

7:44 AM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

Kel-
I think I'm only allotted one illness bourne shopping spree per year...I say let's do it right, IKEA all the way Baby!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I love you, and I thank God for you being in my life every day! You are the strongest, loveliest, bestest wife I could ask for. I am so very proud of you and all the hard work you have poured into this trial.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

PTL

11:28 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

You are the best daughter a man could want. When I look at all We as a family have been through the last ten years it blows my mind, then I remember that the Lord has been with us and all the pain seems to deminish. What you have done this last year is a testiment to your love and to your faith. Once again you have opened my eyes to the grace of the father. I love you and Sam as much as I do my bio children. Keep growing and be blessed. Kevin

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home