Friday, June 02, 2006

Little Debbie Strikes Again!

So...yesterday I particpated in the 12hr fast in preparation for Newsong's Community Celebration of Praise. I seemed to be doing well all day - too busy to really pay attention to how hungry I was fast becoming. Truth be told, I was feeling a little guilty since my busy day had not given me much opportunity to pray.

As I was rounding the 5th of the sixth flights of stairs that would take me to my car, I spotted a half-eaten Nutty Bar covered with dirt and surrounded by some rather ominous looking stains in the corner of the stairwell.....I gotta admit...I thought about it...not for more than a second, but it definately entered my my mind. Now if ever there was an occasion for an earnest prayer, this was it!

So my question to you, my faithful readership, is this...How hungry have you been???

I was once so hungry I...

7 Comments:

Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I tried a carpenter ant once. It tasted a little like a lemon.

4:52 PM  
Blogger ryan said...

evil little debbie she everywhere, not a day goes by with a battle with the gal

11:15 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I too am an avid fan of Little Debbie, strawberry shotcakes are the bomb!
I don't remember eating anything purposely, but did eat a Robin egg once...

6:31 AM  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

LOL a robin egg, was it over easy?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

We were having an easter egg hunt on the compound in milan, I was running around looking for eggs, I think I was 7-8.
I looked down and what I thought to be a dropped Malted milk ball, you know at easter they are speckeled and a bright blue, was a robin egg..luckily for me it did not have a little birdy in it...
Yes I did spit it out....

8:58 PM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Wow, you are too funny. I don't think I can top that one.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

As a child I was hungry for some candy. Mommy kept the special candy in a bottle in the cuboard above the sink. So I hoisted my three year old butt up on the counter and used my long monkey like arms to reach up an grab the Pre child proof bottle of "ORANGE" flavored penicilin and drank it down just as big Daddy came into the room to see why it was so quite........A trip to the ER and a stomache pumping completes my earliest memory.

Love ya Babe.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home