Monday, January 30, 2006

Re-resolving

All right...so my weight loss initiative has lost some of the original 5 days worth of momentum it had. I'm happy to say that I have not gained any weight, but my loss has been about a pound since my intial 13 pound drop. Sad, sorry but true. I have decided now to go with something a bit more stringent and structured, so I am proudly on day 2 of the rapid start weight loss program (Dr.Phil). I shopped yesterday for the first 5 days worth of menus and I barely went into the center of the supermarket. I LOVE the center. Thats where all the pancake batter, pasta, potato chips and oreos are. Now I'm on like 4 servings of veges per day whereas previosly that would have accurately represented a weekly allottment. (even that allotment was an even spit between canned corn and canned green beans and frozen peas, now and again, if I was feeling particularly exotic). I do realize that my old pattern of eating was inheritantly flawed (hence the 60+ extra pounds I carry).

So...I'm hungry, I'm grumpy...but i'm a little bit proud to have survived a day of eating the way I should. Keep me in prayer...and thanks for continuing to check my blog after such a substantial hiatus...I 'll try to be more post-happy.

11 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Oh I will definately keep you in prayer with this-the enemy really enjoys discouraging us with whatever he can. Keep up the good work you are doing-which is being persitant and you are doing this for a healthier life.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

amen...wowgirl. I hear the sunny beach of Keywest calling your name. SHHH and listen...can you hear it. Good luck with the weight thing, as I understand the struggle too.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I'm proud of you baby!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

The church across from the Tecumseh High School baseball field is offering Jazzercise everyday and Tonia is really interested in going. Maybe you guys could hook up, buy some leg warmers and rock out!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey Girl YOU CAN DO IT! But, don't be grumpy, just feel the love. B4T

2:57 PM  
Blogger loved truly said...

Keep your spirits up. You are doing good!!!!

9:41 AM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

Wher did u get that picture?!?...I thought I was alone!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Google is a beautiful thing! (as are leg warmers...)

=)

10:58 AM  
Blogger ryan said...

she ALIVE , russ NICE

11:47 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Russ, Russ, Russ.....Is Tonya going to get the latest in leg warmers???? Does she depend on you for this...eekk?.?.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Tortikat said...

Sorry, Wow, I haven't cked your blog for awhile. I'm so proud of you too. I think losing weight is one of the hardest things there is to do. I'm rootin' for you!!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home