Monday, December 19, 2005

The Spirit of Giving

For the past few weeks I have been (not blogging, yes I know, but we have other fish to fry today) thinking about, concentrating on and yes, obsessing over what to get my children for Christmas. You know what they played with today and I mean ALL DAY????

The boxes the christmas cards came in. Oh and a pencil.

It's one of those lessons that your grandparents and Parents try to warn you about but looking at all those cool toys, you never really believe until your kids do it to you.
It reminds me of the old acronym: KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid

Oh and this refers to me...the rest of you go ahead and buy the cool pricey toys because I certainly prefer them to boxes and I'll come right over to play:D

11 Comments:

Blogger loved truly said...

Kids that are easy to please are the best!!!! :)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Tortikat said...

I remember when they came to visit and what they played with the most was the spidery rubber things I have for the cat. I remember they fought over them too...lol

1:07 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

We aren't getting Tanner anything. He's spoiled already and his grandparents (both sides) are getting ready to make it worse.

I did have something catch my eye in the store yesterday and thought of him and how he'd love it. I guess it's just a natural occurance to want to show your love for them.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Yeah, like the $6.00 dollar guitar they just received and argue continuously over it.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

sorry, that would be my children, not Wows'.

10:49 AM  
Blogger wowgirl said...

It's only because they haven't yet been introduced to the $6 guitar

2:07 PM  
Blogger Tortikat said...

Kelly,

Wow told me Evan wanted a dinosaur like Brett has. I needed one more thing for him so I grabbed one. To be sure it was the right one Kev called Wow (woke her up to do this too!) and clicked the "roar" button on it. It's roar sound exactly like a toilet flushing..lol! Wow said.."That would be the right one!"

1:48 AM  
Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Yeah...the dino are silly...but he Evan will really enjoy it. Look forward to seeing you both when you get into town.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I like boxes! B4T

1:59 PM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

If they would only keep on enjoying the box. Nope they grow up.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

How about giving us another post? You know, in the spirit of giving?

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home